Ahc peerless air ministry page 32 alternate history discussion 2015 electricity prices


The recent attack on the 16th march 1940 carried out against both shore establishments and the RN fleet which gas in oil briggs and stratton engine had only recently returned to the anchorage at Scapa showed just how far the UK air defence had come since the start of the war. He-111 medium bombers of I/KG26 carried out one of the first attacks on British land targets in WWII during this raid and were accompanied by 14, Ju-88’s I/KG30 who dive bombed ships of the Fleet. The incoming He-111’s were detected by the RDF CH/CHL station at RAF Neverbutton and the local defence fighters electricity per kwh calculator were scramble, 611 squadron flying spitfire MkII’s from RAF Skeabrae and A squadron of Hurricane MkIc’s from RNAS Twatt. The fleet was also alerted and two squadrons of Follond Fulmars of the FAA currently based ashore at RNAS Hatson were also sent aloft. Four squadrons were about a many as the new sector control station at Kirkwall could manage. Common sense had prevailed and this sector station was controlled and manned jointly by the RN/FAA and the RAF. Communications included FAA radios and a Naval Signals attachment for direct hair electricity dance moms communication with the fleet. As had been previously agreed the RAF controller sent the RAF squadrons after the High level Bombers and the Naval controller directed the FAA fighters after the Lower level raid. The first interception was carried out by the spitfires of 611 squadron. This was the first time a squadron of cannon armed RAF fighters had attacked a formation of German bombers. The 611 squadron pilots were gratified by the devastating effect that a pair of 20mm cannon had on He-111, any hits around the glazed cockpit seemed to be mortal to the crew and hence the aircraft. I/KG26 had an unfortunate hp gas online refill booking status record as they had lossed the first German aircraft to crash on British soil when one of their Heinkel He 111H bombers was shot down by Spitfires from 602 and 603 squadrons on the 28th of October.

On the evening of the 16th of March their fate was worse, the first pass by 611 squadron saw three Heinkels go down and two badly damaged. The second pass finished off one of these and damaged two more. The Hurricane squadron climbing more slowly only had time for one quick head on attack before the raid was within the gun zone of the anchorage and fleet. Even that hasty attack had claimed another two bombers.

To say the combined shore and fleet AA barrage was impressive would be an understatement, the sky was positively blackened by the concentrated explosion of shells. The work under taken by Blackett gas up asheville and the OR team working with AA command now really showed the benefits of the changes to gun control to allow for the different data available form gun ranging RDF rather a level physics electricity notes than visual rangefinders. The difference between the co-ordinated land based barrage and the individual targeting of the ships was plain to see and noted by the naval OR team with the fleet.

Despite the intense barrage only two further aircraft were observed to be damaged but the entire remaining gaggle of He-111 discarded their bombs and dove away from the both the gun barrage and the waiting fighters. It was only as the bombs were dropped that it became apparent to those on the ground that the He-111 current electricity examples were not attacking the fleet but were aiming for the shore establishments and especially RNAS Haston.

Meanwhile the separate attack by the 14 Ju-88’s that had flown from I/KG38’s base in Holland surprised the defending Fulmars, for just as the first squadron dove to the attack, the Ju-88’s themselves commenced a divebombing attack on the anchorage. Despite this two flights of Fulmars followed the bombers down with mixed results although two JU-88’s were shot down and at least one more damaged, one of the Fulmars was hit by the nyc electricity cost per kwh naval short range AA guns that had now turned their urgent attention to the dive bombers. The Fulmar was seen to plunge strait into the flow and the pilot killed. The diving Ju-88’s managed one hit, causing considerable damage to the cruiser HMS Norfolk and a near miss causing slight damage to another vessel. However as the remaining Ju-88 fled south east they were set upon by the vengeful Fulmars. When the FAA pilots returned they claimed no less than six of the bombers downed and two probable’s plus claiming that the remaining four had also been damaged to some extent. One Fulmar crash landed due to damage to its electricity quiz ks3 undercarriage and several others exhibited various degrees of damage from the defending machine guns.

The RAF and FAA felt that they could have achieved even more if their interception and tactics had been better but this did compared favourably to the attack on the electricity dance moms Firth of Forth on the 16th of October when Junkers Ju-88 aircraft of Stab 1, Kampfgeschwader 30 (I/KG30) inflicted damage on HMS Southampton, Edinburgh and Mohawk. This attack had partially succeeded because a fault in the radar system at Cockburnspath meaning there was no warning from it and the new radar at Anstruther only picked up the aircraft at the last moment due to their approach from the west. Despite this 602 Squadron (City of Glasgow) who were based at Drem in East Lothian; and 603 Squadron (City of Edinburgh) based at Turnhouse. Plus No 612 (County of Aberdeen) Squadron from RAF Leuchars (Principally a Maritime command station) though scrambled too late to intercept the raid before they bombed the ships managed a large number of running engagement as the three squadrons harried the fast retreating Ju-88’s. At the time despite numerous claims from the pilots of all three squadrons only two kills were confirmed at the time when their surviving crews were rescued. One Pilot in each of 602 and 603 Squadrons being q mart gas station credited and of the remaining seven Ju-88’s no les than five were claimed as probable’s. Despite the fact that ships had been bombed and damaged in the Firth of Forth only two days after the loss of HMS Royal Oak in Scapa Flow the sight of so many fighters chasing the fleeing Luftwaffe bombers did much for the appreciation of the RAF by the Navy. The fact that all three squadrons were local Scottish auxiliary air force ones was a godsend for the gas vs diesel cars propaganda boys as well.

The events of the 16th October also provided an opertunity for Sir Phillip and Winston Churchill to get past their confrontation in cabinet over the near loss of Ark Royal a few weeks earlier. A special OR team from the Air Ministry had analysed the after action reports of the Firth of Forth raid and investigated the pilots claims. Due to the gas after eating dairy fact that all the aircraft claimed were over the sea when attacked there were no crash sites to confirm the kills so the only two that could be confirmed were the two where survivors and the dead were recovered. It was noted that the despite having eight machineguns the fighters had had difficulty in downing the fleeing Ju-88’s and the return fire, whilst not bringing any RAF fighters down had caused damage and wounded one pilot, who got his damaged aircraft down at the nearest field. To provide better protection to the Fleet bases and shipyards in Scotland the conversion of the 13 Group fighter squadrons to the cannon armed variants has commence with the Scottish squadrons as soon as 11 and 12 group had la gasolina enough to provide cover for the east coast as far as Dover.