Electrical engineering and computer science – masters and phd programs – wichita state university electricity lessons 4th grade

All other information for prospective students, such as student fees, application procedure and deadlines, TOEFL/IELTS requirements for international students ect. is available from the WSU Graduate School’s webpage. All questions about these issues should be sent only to the Graduate School, and not to the department. The department. The department does not receive any admission applications or supporting documents directly from students seeking admission into these programs.

Applicants who do not have the minimum required TOEFL/IELTS score, but who satisfy all other admission requirements of the program they wish to be admitted into, can be simultaneously admitted into the WSU Intensive English Program. More details about this option are available only from the WSU Office of International Education and the WSU Graduate School.

Occasionally, admitted international students who have an I-20 from the Wichita State University, are unable to arrive in Wichita for the semester of their admission. This may happen due to various reasons, such as inability to obtain a US visa on time. Such students need to defer their admission to a later semester and obtain a new I-20 for that semester. A new I-20 can be requested by online submission of the Readmission Request Form.

Any student who has been admitted into one of these programs is eligible to apply for a departmental teaching assistantship. To apply, please complete the GTA Application Form, and submit it along with a photocopy of transcripts to the departmental address given on the form. Teaching assistantships at WSU may only be awarded to international students who have either obtained a score of at least 23 on the Speaking Component of TOEFL, a score of at least 50 on TSE (Test of Spoken English) or a score an IELTS score of 7.0. Students without either of these scores can take TSE on campus by completing the TSE Referral Form and submitting to the WSU Office of International Education. Domestic students do not need to submit the English scores.

Students of these programs are free to register for courses according to the degree requirements mentioned in the program brochures. No appointment with the Graduate Coordinator is necessary for receiving "permission" to take any courses. Students are encouraged to choose courses from those offered in any semester according to their personal tastes and future professional goals, as long as the chosen courses meet the degree requirements stated on the program brochures.

Each student, at some stage, needs to complete and get approved a Graduate Plan-of-Study that lists all specific courses that student will take to obtain the degree. MS students should submit their Plan-of-Study upon completion of 12 hours of degree work, and PhD students should complete before completing their qualifying examinations.

For other MS students, after completing and signing this form, please submit it to the Graduate Secretary, Ms. Kayla Cunningham, in Room 249BA Jabara Hall for verification, approval, and further processing. No appointment with the Graduate Coordinator is necessary for completion or signing of this form.

Occassionally, some MS students decide to change their program of study, for example, from MSEE to MSCN, or from MSCN to MSCS, etc. The procedure for making such a switch is to apply to the WSU Graduate School for admission into the new program, along with the application fee. As the Graduate School already possesses all supporting documents of existing students (past transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores, etc.), those usually do not need to be resubmitted along with the new admission application. For international students, any change of program is put into effect from the student’s second semester at WSU, or later. Please contact the Graduate School for more details.

By law, all international students are required to register for at least 9 credit-hours of courses each semester. However, sometimes students need or want to register for fewer credit-hours. As an example, students left with less than 9 credit-hours to complete their degree need only to register for those remaining hours in their last semester. As another example, students with graduate assistantships are allowed to register for as little as 6 credit-hours. All such students need to complete the Full Course Load Certification Form. Students with graduate assistantships must attach a copy of their assistantship offer with this form. After completing and signing this form, please submit it, along with any supporting documents, to the Graduate Secretary, Ms. Kayla Cunningham, in Room 249BA Jabara Hall for verification, approval, and further processing.