Factsheet con02 – concessions in victoria department of veterans’ affairs v gashi 2012


The organisation that offers the product or service — for example, your local council, decides what sort of concession is offered and to whom it is offered. DVA Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) and Gold Card holders are usually eligible for concessions, but it is important to contact the organisation offering the concession to confirm your eligibility. Health concessions Treatment Cards

PCC holders are eligible for medication under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) at $6.40 per prescription. Your pharmacist can tell you which medicines are listed under the scheme. Premiums charged by manufacturers may apply to some alternative brands/ medicines. Once you have spent the PBS Safety Net threshold amount on PBS medicines, you will receive free PBS medicines for the rest of the year. National Diabetes Services Scheme

If you live in Melbourne and need an eye examination, you should contact the Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital on (03) 9929 8666. electricity voltage in paris If you live in Melbourne and need glasses, you should contact the Victorian College of Optometry on (03) 9349 7455. grade 9 electricity Rural residents should contact the Victorian Eye Care Service on (03) 9349 7434 for both examinations and glasses. Dental

Dental Health Services Victoria provides emergency and general dental care for PCC holders. Waiting lists apply for general dental care. Emergency relief of pain is generally available within 24 hours. For more information contact the Dental Health Services Victoria on 1300 360 054 or visit their website at: Dental Health Services Victoria Transport Concessions War Veteran / War Widow(er)s Concession Travel Card

From 1 July 2015, the Victorian Government has extended eligibility for the EDA/TPI War Veteran Travel Pass. The pass was previously only available to those who were injured while serving in overseas war or peacekeeping activities but is now available to all holders of a Gold Repatriation Health Card embossed with EDA or TPI. It will now be called the EDA/TPI Ex-Service Personnel Pass.

The Multi-Purpose Taxi Program gives members half price taxi fares. gas upper back pain It pays up to $60 per trip and has a cap of $2,180 per year. Membership cards to access the program cost $16.50. Gold Card holders who have severe and permanent disability affecting their ability to use public transport may be eligible for this program. Some members are exempted from the yearly limit, including disability pensioners receiving the TPI or the EDA rates. Refer to the Victorian Taxi Directorate for more information on exemptions from the annual limit.

PCC and Gold Card holders are eligible for a concession that helps with the costs of buying non-mains water for properties not connected to mains water. v gashi 2013 The concession does not apply if you buy the water for commercial purposes. For more information, contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 or visit their website for information on non-mains water concession. Rates

PCC, Gold Card and CSHC holders may be entitled to a once-only exemption or concession from paying duty when buying a home valued at less than $750,000. This is a once only concession. For more information contact the Victorian State Revenue Office on 132 161 or visit their website for information on pensioner duty exemptions or concessions. Fire Services Property Levy Concession

Gold Card holders (marked TPI or WAR WID) and PCC holders are eligible for a discount of $50 off the Fire Services Property Levy that is charged to all Victorian property owners on their council rates notice. Only one concession applies per property. For more information contact your local council. Annual Electricity and Excess Electricity Concessions

This concession gives Gold Card holders and PCC holders who access off-peak rates for separately metered electric hot water or slab heating with a 13% discount on controlled load usage charges. electricity origin For more information contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 or visit their website for information on controlled-load electricity concession. Electricity transfer fee waiver

For PCC and Gold Card holders who are unable to pay their mains, electricity, gas or water bills due to a temporary financial crisis. Capped at six months’ worth of usage up to a maximum of $500. For further information and application forms, contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 or visit their website for further information on utility relief and non-mains utility grant scheme. Medical Cooling Concession

This concession provides a quarterly rebate on electricity bills to Gold Card holders and PCC holders if they, or a member of their household, use a life supporting machine, including oxygen concentrators and haemodialysis machines. For more information contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 or visit their website for more information on life-support machine electricity concession. electricity png Vehicle Concessions Vehicle Registration and Transport Accident Charge (TAC) Concession

TPI and EDA Gold Card holders are eligible for a 100% discount on the registration fee and 50% discount on the TAC. Gold Card holders not marked with TPI or EDA may be eligible for a 100% discount on the registration fee and 50% discount of the TAC fee, however, written confirmation of their current disability entitlement from DVA would be required.

Veterans receiving disability pension at 100% of the General Rate or higher, including at the TPI, TTI, Intermediate and EDA rates, and Military, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (MRCA) clients who have been assessed at 40 or more impairment points, do not have to pay motor vehicle duty (stamp duty) when they buy a new or second hand motor vehicle. For more information contact VicRoads on 13 11 71 or visit their website for more information on transfer and motor vehicle duty/fees. Motor Vehicle GST exemption

The information contained in this Factsheet is general in nature and does not take into account individual circumstances. You should not make important decisions, such as those that affect your financial or lifestyle position on the basis of information contained in this Factsheet. Where you are required to lodge a written claim for a benefit, you must take full responsibility for your decisions prior to the written claim being determined. You should seek confirmation in writing of any oral advice you receive from DVA.