I know what i did last summer black pig comics 2015 electricity rates


I tragically had to give up my beloved DDR Trailer Trash garden, but early this summer I got another garden by a stroke of luck. It has a perfectly normal little house on it, in a bit of disrepair, but still quite bourgeois even, with fancy things like electricity and running cold water. The garden is big and has lots of potential, and it’s right next to a small river.

I’d done some repairs and built some smaller things, but I’d never built anything near a whole shed before. Basically I learned everything from the Internet, reading many different, good and bad, tutorials, while deciding on a design. (Special thanks to theoblackadder for his instructables, showing how to build pretty advanced stuff all on your own.)

For starters, I sawed the huge 10×10 cm corner posts and the bottom and top beams for the side walls to the correct length. kansas gas service bill pay This is where I almost killed myself, sawing seven pieces of that dense, thick wood with a mere handsaw. One day I almost gave up, but then my neighbour invited me for coffee, and soon after getting all jacked up on his coffee I had somehow finished all the beams. t gasthuys Then I painted them.

First I attached the three corner posts to the wall of the house, then I added the beams along the floors, then the three corner posts at the front, then the upper beams, and finally the fourth corner post for the door of the workshop. Always taking care that they were level. Since I was building on my own, I fastened the posts with diagonal boards.

I added some sticks to the upper parts of the walls under the rafters. Then I put up the roof, a transparent PVC sheet roof, in one 3×3 meter piece so it was fairly easy. This was the part I’d had the most doubts about, but I managed it, all on my own. I had to climb on the roof of the house to reach the upper part. gasco abu dhabi address There’s just an area of a bit less than one square meter in the middle, where I couldn’t reach to fasten the roof to the battens. electricity outage Phew!

I put up aluminium siding for the roof, and then it was time for the walls. The walls are also made of old tongue-and-groove lumber that was laying around. It was a bit moldy :-s so I had to kill the mold (still so much cheaper than buying all new lumber). It’s not a space I’ll be hanging around in all the time, so I guess it’s not a big deal even if there might be some residual mold …

Then it was about fucking time to replace the blade of my saw! Which had gone all blunt a while ago already. And I went to get my classic kataba (above in the photo) from my old garden, and got a new blade for that one as well. I should probably have done this a lot sooner, because with the new blade on my folding saw and the new, rougher kataba blade it was much easier to saw. But at this point I was almost done.

There’s some minor things left to do, such as sealing the windows with silicone, but it’s pretty much finished. All in all I’m a bit dazed that I managed to build this fairly large and sturdy shed all on my own. gastroenterology But it’s not really complicated to build things, you mostly just need time and determination. And it’s very nice to have a whole building that you made yourself, exactly the way you wanted it. V^(oo)^V