India is now the 3rd largest power producer in the world gasset y ortega filosofia

##########

As of January 2018, India has installed power capacity of 334.4 gigawatt (GW), making it the fifth largest installed capacity in the world after the European Union, China, United States and Japan. gas engineer salary As per the 13th Five Year Plan, India is targeting capacity addition of a total of 100 GW (the current power production of United Kingdom) by the year 2022.

India has moved up 73 spots to rank 26th in the World Bank’s list of electricity accessibility in 2017. gas dryer vs electric dryer calculator In September last year, the Government of India under the initiative of Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, Renewable Energy and Mines, launched the Saubhagya scheme to provide electricity connections to over 40 million families in rural and urban areas by December 2018 at a cost of US$ 2.5 billion.

UDAY or Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojna, which was was launched in November 2015 to help loss-making discoms turn around financially, with support from their respective state governments, has also resulted in an improved performance of the participating companies during the last financial year. youtube gas pedal lyrics The scheme has been undeniably successful in achieving its most important objective – of restoring the financial health of DISCOMs – by transferring almost 75% of their debt to the state governments and reducing interest cost burden on the remaining 25% debt, according to the consultancy Bridge to India.

The Indian Government’s focus on attaining ‘Power for all’ has accelerated capacity addition in the country. gas oil ratio The Ministry of Power set a target of 1,229.4 billion units of electricity to be generated in the financial year 2017-18, which is 50 BUs higher than the target for 2016-17. Around 293 global and domestic companies have committed to generate 266 GW of solar, wind, mini-hydel and biomass-based power in India over the next 5–10 years.

The rising demand also implies that the power sector has to maintain its goal on augmenting the renewable sources of energy. India ranks third among 40 countries in EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index, on the back of a strong focus by the government on promoting renewable energy, and the implementation of projects in a time-bound manner.

The government’s immediate goal is to generate two trillion units (kilowatt hours) of energy by 2019. This means doubling the current production capacity to provide 24x7electricity for residential, industrial, commercial and agriculture use. i feel electricity in my body A total of 16,064 villages out of the 18,452 un-electrified villages in India have been electrified as of December 2017, as part of the target to electrify all villages by May 1st 2018.

The Power ministry is taking a number of steps and initiatives like a 10-year tax exemption for solar energy projects, in order to achieve India’s ambitious renewable energy targets of adding 175 GW of renewable energy, including an additional 100 GW of solar power, by the year 2022. The government has also sought to restart the stalled hydro power projects and increase the wind energy production target to 60 GW by 2022 from the current 20 GW.