What is the difference between mold and mildew (with pictures) z gas guatemala

####

"Mold" and "mildew" are terms that are used generally to describe growths of fungi on various surfaces. "Mildew" also is a scientific term that describes a type of plant disease. In common usage, the difference between mold and mildew usually is in their appearance and the surfaces on which they are growing. Mold is often thicker and black, green, red or blue in color, and mildew usually is lighter, powdery and gray or white. Both mold and mildew often grow in moist and warm locations, but mildew is more often found in showers, on paper and on fabrics, and mold is often found on foods and in walls and other permanent structures. Mildew

In plant science, the two main types of mildew are powdery and downy. Powdery mildew is commonly found on roses and other flowering plants, and usually looks like white or gray splotches. It is created by an ascomycota type of fungus. Downy mildew is from the oomycota type of fungus and is found in agricultural products such as grapes and potatoes. Its appearance varies from plant to plant, with some common indications being leaf spots and distortions, downy patches and crystalline spores that might look like sugar.

Around the house, mildew often forms in bathrooms, where moisture provides a suitable environment for fungi to grow. It also can form on objects, such as pieces of paper or clothes, that get damp and are left in one spot for several days or weeks. Mildew in these situations usually is a thin, powdery growth of fungus. When it is allowed to grow for a long period of time, it might turn into what most people would call mold. Mold

Mold often looks fuzzy or slimy, depending on the type. A heavy mold might begin to look like a plant growth covering the surface. Some surfaces that are covered by mold might begin to rot. Mold can also appear in various colors. On a wall or ceiling, some types of mold might appear to be irregularly shaped spots of black or gray. Dangers

Some molds have toxins called mycotoxins that can cause an allergic reaction or other illness in some people. Symptoms of a mold allergy might include headaches, asthma and coughing. Irritation of the eyes and throat might also occur as a result of breathing mold toxins. Molds are not always harmful; the antibiotic penicillin was created from the mold of the same name. Safety Precautions

Keeping areas dry is the most important preventative measure for eliminating mold and mildew. Moldy food should not be eaten. A mildew infestation on paper and some fabrics cannot be scrubbed off, but a mildew remover can usually get rid of mildew on harder surfaces such as those found in bathrooms. Some mold and mildew removal products should not be used by people who have asthma or in areas that are not well-ventilated. In situations where there is serious mold growth, a professional might be needed to clean the space and repair any damage.

I was given. I moved in. The ceiling was never painted. They came to paint and I talked the non professional maintenance men to open the ceiling and saw wet baseboards! I called the manager and said obviously there was a prior flood concealed from me! I wasn’t home to watch the repairs and had another roof leak six months later and now my trust was broken.

I asked for a third party at my expense, to test for mold. I got the run around, and workers showed up to fix the ceiling and I refused. I was intimidated by the manager. I sent pics and documentation of all in my six months here. I was bullied to back off! I have become ill and it’s a year and a half later!

I know there are a lot of code violations and paid off secrets in this building. I am ready to expose this at any cost, for myself and those who have been bullied and lied to as well. This must stop. It is a disgrace that property owners rent unhealthy apartments, knowing this, all in the name of profits over people! Too many are in bed with the inspectors and money shouldn’t be traded to cover up the truth.

There are resources online that have information that you may find helpful or even life-saving. I live a fairly normal life these days, although I can’t enter about half of all buildings without getting sick. But I’m healthy again. People doubt my story, and many of these are the same people that claim that bleach will stop a mold problem (it won’t, but it might make you sick) or that the worst that could happen is some respiratory allergy (the worst that could happen includes scarring of the brain and death).

Fungi have evolved so much since the widespread introduction of commercial, agricultural, and residential fungicides in the 1970s that they have a structure that isn’t properly processed by up to 24 percent of the population’s immune system properly, something called failure of antigen processing.

Human evolution hasn’t kept pace, and with all of the particle-board and drywall providing food for mold and the climate-controlled, sealed environments that frequently have water damage providing a lush environment, mold is a huge problem that may not even be known to homeowners, as it hides out in HVAC ducts, crawlspaces, and under carpets. Do your homework, be skeptical, and don’t underestimate the potential of a building to make a person sick.

bleach does not work on wood and masonry, I was jut about to use a bunch on all the walls and wood. Now I am going to use vinegar instead, and or lemon juice. FYI, I read both kill the mold. But the spores land wherever, and it will grow then wherever. The hiding mold is the problem. In the attic, in wood, in siding, etc. I think they might have a black light test for it?

I know they have mold test kits at Home Depot for about $9-12 dollars then you send in results and pay about 40.00 I think. Get a report sent back to you in the mail. Almost everyone will show mold growth on the petri dish, go by the amounts/levels and type said on report to determine how bad it is.

I would also say mold is bad for some, depends on the immune system. If you breathe spores into your lungs, they tend to be mycotoxins in your lungs and can get in body depending. And immune system and god are the determining factors, I guess, as to the outcome for you.

Don’t rely on non-professional opinions (including landlords) Do read your rights as tenant with city laws, and go to court and show the test result evidence. They will hold his rent from him/her until they fix it. (but not sure if it insures a proper fix) Or, move out asap, and wash all your stuff in borax.